Federal Compensation Lawyers Providing National & International Services
At Aumiller Lomax, our goal is to empower workers who have found themselves in a difficult time because they have suffered an injury on the job. Our firm focuses on helping injured workers who are covered under a number of different federal laws. Our lawyers will take the time to discuss your situation. We will then assist you in forming an effective plan that will work to protect your rights.
Talk to our lawyers if you are one of the following:
- Postal employees – Workplace injuries can throw a real curve ball in your life. As a postal employee you are covered by the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA). Let us guide you through what can be a frustrating time for some.
- Federal workers – There are a whole host of federal departments, agencies and sub-agencies. Some of the most recognized agencies are the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Social Security Administration (SSA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Defense (DOD), to name a few. If you are a civilian employee and work for any of these or any other federal agency and you sustain an injury during your employment, we can help you navigate a variety of legal issues you may currently be facing. You too are covered by FECA.
- Longshoremen – Maritime workers are usually covered either by the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) or the Jones Act. If you suffer a work injury while working on a ship, in shipping, or another form of maritime occupation, we will help you determine what law applies to you and then move forward from there.
- Railroad workers – Workplace injuries for railroad workers are treated somewhat differently under the law. There is an element of wage replacement and medical expense coverage which is administered by the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board (RRB). However, there may be additional benefits or damages available through a law called the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA). In order to establish these benefits the burden falls on you to prove that your employer is somehow at fault for causing your injury. We help to evaluate your case.
- Military contractors – The Defense Base Act (DBA) is an extension of the LHWCA. This federal law is designed primarily to cover military contractors overseas. Military contractors provide a multitude of different services, everything from logistics to translation. When you fall prey to an on the job injury, we can guide you through the process and work toward maximizing your benefits.
- Civilian base workers – An extension of the LHWCA, the Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities Act (NAFIA) covers various civilian workers assigned to military bases or otherwise supporting the military. A common example of this type of worker would be an employee of Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). Talk to us to learn how we can assist you.
- Seamen – Maritime workers’ assigned to ships are treated similar to railroad workers under federal law. There is an element of wage replacement (known as maintenance) and medical expense coverage (known as cure) which ought to be paid without regard to fault. However, seamen must also demonstrate that the employer is the one at fault in causing an injury in order to recover any other forms of compensation. If you need a lawyer to help you handle your case, we are here for you.
No problem is too large or too small for us to consider. Talk to our federal compensation lawyers for all your legal needs today! Call our office at (856) 751-0440 for your free consultation or to get more information.